Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hello All,

I finished my scarf and even made a hat to go with it.  I was going to make a slouch hat but changed my mind once I got going.  I knitted several rows to make a rolled brim.  Then I was concerned it would be too loose so I did some ribbing.  The body of the hat is seed stitch to go with the scarf.  I got off track and made some wrong stitches which made a line.  So I went with it.  I deliberately made the same ridges at different points along the way to make that first error fit in.  I like it.  Foolish me, I thought that if I was using a circular needle I would be able to decrease right to the end.  I got stuck and ended up buying some double point needles.  It was the first time I've used double point needles and it was a bit awkward.  I'm happy with the finished product.


They definitely keep me warm.

Hope you're having fun creating beauty.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! Congrats! Did you see this link up that started today?
    http://rainbowharequilts.blogspot.com/2013/11/wool-on-sundays-1.html

    Could be a good fit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat and scarf are gorgeous! I find double pointed needles very awkward too - especially when it gets to only a few stitches. I'm hoping I'll get better with practice! Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed your blog. I really liked the felted mittens you made for your daughter.
      I was going to look for shorter double point needles. I think the big problem was they were so long. I needed the length at first, but it would be nice to switch to shorter ones when there were fewer stitches.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a variegated yarn blend so subtly...just beautiful. Would you mind sharing the brand and weight of yarn? Cold weather would be more welcome if I made something as pretty as these. No fan of double-pointed needles here, either. They get the job done when necessary, but that's about all I can say for them. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a variegated yarn. Perhaps it's the seed stitch that creates the sense of variety. It does create depth. I bought this yarn 3 years ago to make a sweater which hasn't happened yet. It is a Lion Brand Baby Soft sportweight. It's very soft and cuddly and it is machine washable and dryable too.

      Delete