Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's December, Already! Bring on the Knitting!

Hello All,

Wow, it's December already!  Why does it always seem to sneak up on me?

I can tell it's winter because I've been bitten by the knitting bug.  I bought some Ultra Pima by Cascade back in October.  It's a chocolate brown.  Yum.  There was a pretty shawl made up in the yarn store which I had thought to make.  But I'm not concentrating very well when I'm knitting, so I just decided to do a garter stitch.  It's hard to fumble that.  What I really like about this yarn is the feel of it.  It's soft and drapey.  I've used one of the two skeins I bought and it's not nearly long enough.  More decisions, should I buy more of the same or something to coordinate.  I'm thinking a heather or fleck would be nice.












I'm thinking that once it's all done, I'll stitch it into a tube and join the ends for a continuous tube.


I'm linking up with Wool on Sundays, even though this is cotton yarn.

Be creative and stay warm.

7 comments:

  1. This looks beautifully snug and warm. I'll look forward to seeing how you decide to finish it . Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janine, for hosting Wool on Sundays. Could you do a tutorial on knitting socks? And mittens? I remember watching my grandmother knit mittens but I have never tried it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There are so many luscious colors it was hard to pick just one.

      Delete
  3. Knitting is fun! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice color. For a minute I thought you already created a tube :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am using circular needles, but not knitting in the round. It would have been smart but I don't like to plan. I just go for it and make decisions as I go along which doesn't work for everything.

    ReplyDelete