Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hello All,

After watching some Pam Carriker's tutorials I've been drawing faces.  The thing I'm finding hard is symmetry, getting the eyes the same size, the ears lined up.  Our faces are symmetrical but not totally but I need to be able to balance.  Here are some examples.  My late husband's face and KMG were drawn from photos, but the other ones are from imagination.
 


 Today, I've been playing with my watercolors in my art journal.  I was out driving today and saw lots of ripe sunflowers.  Since I really love sunflowers I painted one.


That's what I've been doing for fun.  What are you up to?

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Know I find really useful in getting better and drawing thing? Tracing! Find some faces on the web and trace them. Not to make a piece of art, but to really study the lines and where they are as lines and not symbols. Turn some sideways and some upside and trace trace trace. I find that if I trace five - ten samples of something before I draw it, my work is a million times better. Good for you for making it work, practice is the ultimate art improver. :)

    ReplyDelete